Front Range Hospice has chosen to be a leader in hospice care. On July 1st, 2012 we chose to push ourselves to go above and beyond the highest standards in our industry. And we have also made the decision to be a part of a New Recognition Program for Dementia Care Training created by the Colorado Alzheimer’s Coordinating Council (CACC.) We are the first agency of any kind in Northeastern Colorado to earn this distinction. This program means that we can provide the best service possible to our patients who are suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer’s and to be able to recognize the signs of these sooner.
This program is an intensive undertaking as there are many requirements. We pride ourselves on exceeding these requirements given by the Alzheimer’s Association.
- 75% of all staff have 8 hours of annual Alzheimer’s training in
- Understanding dementia & Alzheimer’s
- Communication techniques (changes in the brain, how to communicate and more)
- Meaningful interactions (spontaneous activities, helping techniques)
- Reducing agitation (non-pharmaceutical interventions)
- Training by any qualified instructor who uses principles of adult learning, including:
- Alzheimer’s Association Learning Institute certification course
- Individual organization’s training
- Online training (e.g. essentiALZ)
- Training methods may include:
- Classroom, Online, Video/DVD with discussion, Alzheimer’s conference
- Annual renewal required by approval date
We are proud to introduce this program to Front Range Hospice and we look forward to furthering our education so that we can care for our community in the best way possible.
Front Range Hospice